This course is intended to provide participants with a broad understanding of how the shipping industry operates and functions in both the domestic and international arena. It is suitable for anyone who is new to the shipping industry or has some knowledge of the industry.
- Importance of international trade and the role of shipping in this vast trading network.
- Type of ships and type of cargo they carry. Essential Shipping Knowledge and Shipping Terminology
- How the different types of cargo are categorized, stored on board the ship and transported over the seas.
- Key Customers and Players of the Maritime Industry
- Role of the Maritime Administration in Port Operations
- Different types of port and their roles in the shipping industry.
- Ship registries and the importance / need for classification.
- Marine Insurance, P&I Club
- Power of Authority for Flag State Control / Port State Control
- Key functions in ship management
- Concept of voyage charter, time charter, bareboat charter parties.
- Dry docking & repairs at shipyards.
- Various commercial surveys for ships and cargoes.
- Key Maritime Organisation (IMO, ILO, IHO and ITF etc)
- Various Non-Government Shipping Organisation (NGO)
- Overview of international conventions and regulations related to shipping.
DURATION : 1 Day
COURSE FEE : S$280
CERTIFICATION : Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have successfully completed the course.
For participants who meet the MCF Training Grant Eligibility Criteria, download the MCF Application Form, complete it and send the form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then follow up with you.
For participants who DO NOT meet the MCF Training Grant Eligibility Criteria but still wish to attend the course without the subsidy, please download the Registration Form, complete it and email the form back to us at email@example.com. We will then follow up with you.
All completed Application Form must reach us at least one week BEFORE course commencement date.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 65835074
Course Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment is required BEFORE course commencement.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants one week before course commencement date .
NOVUS Maritime reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of low enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.