The ILO Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 provides the most comprehensive code to date that addresses seafarers’ rights and the obligations of flag States and shipowners with respect to these rights. This course aims to provide a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the ILO Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 and discuss how stakeholders should prepare for the effective implementation for compliance.
The course is conducted by certified ILO trainer who will explain step by step the on board verification process from the internal inspector’s perspective together with reference to procedures for such application.
- Understanding the background and objectives of the MLC Convention, 2006
- Implication and challenges of the Convention on its Stakeholders
- Operational Issues for Implementation
- Title 1: minimum requirements
- Title 2: conditions of employment
- Title 3: accommodation, recreational facilities, food and catering
- Title 4: health protection, medical care, welfare and social security
- Title 5: compliance and enforcement
- Certification and Inspection Requirements
- DMLC Part 1 & Part 2 and the Maritime Labour Certificate
- Preparedness for Flag and Port State Control Inspection
- Handling Non-Compliance and Complaint
- What procedures are required and examples
DURATION : 2 Days
COURSE FEES: S$900 per person
CERTIFICATION : Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have successfully completed the course.
For participants who meet the MCF Training Grant Eligibility Criteria, download the MCF Application Form, complete it and send the form back to us at email@example.com. We will then follow up with you.
For participants who DO NOT meet the MCF Training Grant Eligibility Criteria but still wish to attend the course without the subsidy, please download the Registration Form, complete it and email the form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then follow up with you.
All completed Application Form must reach us at least one week BEFORE course commencement date.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 65835074
Course Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment is required BEFORE course commencement.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants one week before course commencement date .
NOVUS Maritime reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of low enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.